Mental health services are in severe crisis
- cuts to psychiatric beds, so that patients are being admitted hundreds of miles away from home
- staff cuts to community and crisis teams, so that patients in the community are not receiving the care they need
- key specialist teams abolished
- social care cut
- delays in getting help to people in crisis
- suicide rates increasing for the first time in 10 years
No one takes responsibility for this crisis
- Norfolk & Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust (NSFT) blames the Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs)
- The CCGs blame the NSFT
- Norman Lamb blames everyone except himself
Our campaign was launched on 25 November when over 300 people – service users, relatives and carers, mental health workers, community groups and trade unions attended our first meeting.
We intend to challenge NSFT, the CCGs and local MPs (including Norman Lamb) whenever they meet. Join us at the lobbies.
If you would like to support the campaign, contact Terry or Sally on 01263 825967 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
LOBBY OF NSFT BOARD OF DIRECTORS
9 a.m. Thursday 19 December 2013
The Athenaeum, Athenaeum Lane
BURY ST EDMUNDS P33 1LY
LOBBY OF NORTH NORFOLK CCG
1.30 p.m. Tuesday 21 January 2014
1 Mill Close, AYLSHAM NR11 6LJ
Download the flyer to print, display and distribute.
Offer lifts and organise transport in the comments section below.