Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust (NSFT) has a new Finance Director, John Doyle.
This week John Doyle spoke to the consultants of NSFT.
During his speech, Doyle demonstrated skills and behaviours unseen in members of the NSFT Board in living memory:
- Doyle showed a willingness to be at work after 4 p.m.
- Other NSFT directors will be shocked to hear Doyle was, in fact, still at Hellesdon Hospital and working after 6 p.m.
- Doyle managed to speak for nearly two hours without notes
- Doyle used numbers, arithmetic and common sense to identify basic problems at NSFT
- Doyle applied logic, arithmetic and common sense to formulate practical solutions
- Doyle showed a willingness to challenge vested interests and commissioners
- Doyle spoke in plain Engish which made it impossible to play business buzzword bingo
Sadly, John Doyle can only stay until Christmas.
But we should enjoy it while it lasts.
NSFT has a director who can count.
Perhaps he could even run a bath?